Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Awesomely Nerdy Friends or "How To Attend A Con In Spirit!"



       This weekend, the Calgary Entertainment Expo is being held in the city of Calgary, Alberta. Now, as much as I would like to attend, i just cannot afford to go. But I am not that disappointed because I have awesome friends.

       Two of my nerdy friends, Elaine and Neil, will be attending said con. And Elaine had an awesomely awesome (yeah, I meant to say that) idea. I can attend the con in spirit through a stand-in. She's going to take a Deadpool action figure and stick a picture of your truly to it and take it to the con.

       Where she and Neil will have pictures taken with the various celebs that will be attending the con. While holding my `action figure`. Thus I will be getting my picture taken with my friends, alongside nerdy icons like Pinhead, Teal`c from `Stargate SG1, George Romero, Max Headroom and `Big Sexy`Kevin Nash.

         It really warms the cockles of my nerdy heart to know that I have friends who are not only willing to put up with my hate-filled rants of the `Super Mario Bros` movie, but are also willing to do something so awesome for me. Now, if they can only get a picture of `me` with Mr. Jonathan Frakes (Cmdr. Riker), I won`t need a Xmas present this year. No. Wait. I will still need Xmas presents, but this would be REALLY cool too!

Check out who else is coming to the con this weekend: CalgaryExpo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment