Saturday, July 3, 2010

'Back to the Future' Is 25 Years Old This Weekend or "Roads?! Where We're Going, We Don't Need ... Roads!"




On July 3, 1985, a little movie called "Back to the Future" was released on the silver screen. Guided by the talent of Robert Zemeckis & Steven Spielberg, it was the first chapter in the story of Marty McFly and scientist Emmett "Doc" Brown and Brown's time travelling DeLorean. Marty travels back in time to the 1950's and disrupts his teenage parent's first meeting. What follows this somewhat simple premise is one of the best examples of pure '80s matinee movie magic and one of my favorite movies growing up!

I remember the first time I saw this movie. My dad had gone to the now defunct 'Movies R Us' store in Yorkton, SK and grabbed a bag full of movies (the ole' "7 Movies, 7 Days" deal, miss it!). I remember watching this movie and not once getting up or asking my parents  a question. I was completely enthralled by the story, the special FX, and the music. I grew up being a huge fan of Michael J. Fox from "Family Ties" and Christopher Lloyd on "Taxi" and I jumped for joy when I saw they were in this flick. Of all the movies I say are my favorite, THIS movie is in my 'Top 5"! I'm not even kidding. I love this movie more than "Ghostbusters", "Batman" and "The Goonies" combined! I really do love this movie that much!





Do yourself a favor and rent or borrow this movie and watch it with your family and friends. If the music alone  doesn't get you excited, you don't like movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment