Monday, November 29, 2010

Leslie Nielsen Passes Away or "You Still Can't Call Him Shirley"


        Sad, sad news to report today. I found out that legendary funny-man Leslie Nielsen passed away in his sleep yesterday in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

       I was 10 or 12 the first time I was introduced to Leslie Nielsen's work. Though I was entirely too young to understand some of the humor in 'The Naked Gun' movies at the time, I still laughed myself silly watching Lt. Frank Drebin blunder into a situation and save the day. And as the years went on, his work continued to delight and entertain me. From "Airplane" and "Spy Hard" to "Dracula: Dead and Loving It" and "Men with Brooms",  this was a man who was always had me laughing, who always brought a smile to my face. He was, honestly and truly, the funniest man I ever had the good fortune to watch!

       Go with God, Mr. Nielsen. You've earned your rest!



(via Slash Film)

No comments:

Post a Comment