Saturday, May 29, 2010

Animated `Jonah Hex` Coming Soon or ``Double The Hex, Maybe Half The Fun``


I don`t know about you all, but I have some serious reservations about the upcoming live-action `Jonah Hex`movie. I do think it`ll be entertaining, but I don`t see `Jonah Hex`, I see `Ghost Rider`. I want to like it, but every time I see the TV spots or catch an Internet ad, I cringe. Then, I was checking out the extras for the `Batman - Under the Red Hood`animated DVD and found out that there is an animated `Jonah Hex`animated short to be included on the disc.







Little info has been released. And by `little`, I mean a bare boned description, some voice casting and a few stills from the piece. The titular hero is to voiced by Thomas Jane (The Punisher, HUNG), as well as Linda Hamilton and Michael Rooker also providing voices.

The animated short is described as follows: 


"In the DC Showcase story, the tough-as-nails bounty hunter Jonah Hex always gets his man - until someone else gets to him first - in this case a murderous madam who wants to steal more than just her bounty from Jonah Hex."


I know I`m kind of judging by the cover here, but I have higher hopes of a more faithful adaptation with the ``DC Showcase`` animated short than the live action movie. Here`s hoping I`m just talking out of my butt and they both do well. 


But, I mean, Come on! Dynamite guns?!

No comments:

Post a Comment