Monday, June 21, 2010

Movies I Plan To See This Year or "Coming Soon To A Theater Near Me"

When I look at the movies coming out this summer, I think it's time to get my schedule in order. I've already seen "Iron Man 2" (it rocked), I have yet to decide whether or not I want to see "Ghost Rider 2" ... uh, I mean "Jonah Hex" (looks pretty weak) and I am pretty sure I'll be seeing "Toy Story 3" pretty soon ('To Infinity and Beyond'). But there are quite a few geeky movies I will be seeing this summer. And maybe you would want to see them as well. They are:

[1] "The Last Airbender", July 1, 2010, directed by M. Night Shyamalan - Loved the cartoon show, hate the director, Mr. M. Night "What a Twist!" Shama-lama-ding-dong. He hasn't made a good movie since "The Sixth Sense" and that was ONLY because of the magic that is Bruce Willis!





[2] "Predators", July 7, 2010, directed by Nimrod Antal ("Armored") and produced by Robert Rodriguez ("El Mariachi"). Antal has said in various interviews that this film will be to the original "Predator" what "Aliens" was to "Alien". That is to say, bloody, violent and filled with 100% pure kick ass! Sadly, no Jesse Ventura or Carl Weathers cameos. But we do get Laurence Fishburne playing a badass and that's all right with me!





[3] "Despicable Me", July 9, 2010, directed by Pierre Coffin. Steve Carell voices Gru, the world's #2 super villain, who becomes a foster dad while trying to execute the biggest heist ever: he (with the help of his minions) will steal the moon! It's Steve Carell voicing a '3 Stooges" version of a Bond villain, fake Euro-accent and all. What's not to love?! I'd just love for him to say, 'Moose and Squirrel", just once in that voice.





[4] "Inception", July 16, 2010, direct by Christopher Nolan. Leo Dicaprio stars as a man who performs an very specialized service: he breaks into your dreams and steals your most valuable secrets! An sci-fi mind-bender from the man who gave us "The Dark Knight" (one the greatest comic book movies EVER)? Sign me up!





[5] "Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore", July 30.2010, directed by Brad Peyton. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who remembers the original. But, C'MON!! It's 'cats' (evil) vs 'dogs' (good) in a James Bond-ian struggle for supremacy!





[6] "Scott Pilgrim vs The World", August 13, 2010, directed by Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, SPACED). Based on the graphic novel series about a slacker who must defeat his girlfriend's evil exes in battle in order to date her. The fact that the fights are patterned like an old school NES video game makes me want to see the movie that much more!





[7] "The Expendables", August 13, 2010, directed, written and starring Sylvester Stallone. Billed as the "greatest action movie NEVER made in the '80s", this film also stars Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews, Randy Couture,  Eric Roberts and 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin, with cameos by Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Two words: 'Hell' and 'Yes' This movie is gonna' ROCK!





When I look at this list, I realize I'm going to be eating a lot of popcorn. A LOT of popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment